Thursday, October 30, 2014

20 Things that Drive Me CRAZY

A common question on most questionnaires is "What is your pet peeve?" I have always had a hard time thinking of an answer to this. I do not mind people who pop their fingers or grind their teeth. Eating with your mouth open won't bother me a bit. Neither will humming. I don't even get road rage and grammar mistakes aren't as annoying as they probably should be for a future English teacher. But the truth is so many things drive me crazy. They just aren't common things. So here is a list of really strange, incredibly stupid things that drive me absolutely bonkers.

1. Bathroom stalls that don't go all the way to the ceiling. There is the bathroom in Andrews Hall on campus and when I stand up I can see people washing their hands. I can't even use that bathroom. 

2. When people leave empty boxes or bags in the fridge or pantry. There is nothing as exasperating as reaching for a granola bar and only finding an empty box. 

3. Going along with the last one, when people open bags or boxes upside-down. Why?

4. Socks. Just in general. I can't stand socks. They make my feet both sweaty and cold at the same time and I don't know why. I try to pull them off as soon as I get home.

5. When your recliner just won't go down. 

6. How dirty keyboards get. They are impossible to clean too. Ick.

7. Really small desks. Just because I am in college doesn't mean I am able to write on a desk that's the size of my hand. 

8. Driving with the sun in your eyes. 

9. When my eye itch and I have mascara and eyeliner on. The struggles of being a girl.

10. Ice cream with chunks of ice in it. It makes me cringe thinking about it.

11. When a strand of hair sticks to you in the shower and you can't get it off.

12. Having to share armrests at the movie theatre on both sides.

13. When the toilet paper is on the roll wrong. It should always, always roll clockwise.

14. Having to go to the bathroom after you have a one-piece swimsuit on. 

15. Too much ice in my drink at restaurants. You are just going to have to refill it for me more.

16. When I get mail addressed to someone else. This keeps happening in my new apartment. They don't live here anymore.

17. Brown and black together in an outfit. I understand they are both neutral colors. But they don't go together. (As a side note, I believe everyone perceives colors differently and this may be why this color combination looks good to other people. http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/your-red-same-my-red)

18. Headphones that are always tangled no matter what you do.

19. When the string in your hoodie or sweatpants gets stuck inside and it completely worthless.

20. Wobbly tables. How does this even happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment