Tuesday, October 7, 2014

13 Reasons Why Spongebob Is Awesome

Some of you may be laughing right now, thinking this is a joke. And others are thinking, "Oh Roxie and her Spongebob." Spongebob has always been my "guilty pleasure." I still get home after school (now teaching) and turn on Nickelodeon to unwind. But I really don't think I have to be embarrassed by this show. Spongebob is an amazing show. And this is why.

1. The characters are completely original. I have actually heard people refer to others as "Squidwards" before.  They are memorable and unique.

2. The voice actors are awesome. I can recognize Spongebob's laugh from across a room and smile.

3. IMAGINATION. Whenever I hear this word, I imagine a rainbow between Spongebob's hands. Only viewers of the show will get that one, but it's probably one of my top 10 episodes. Overall though, the show uses so much imagination, it makes us think outside the box too.

4. The songs are catchy. I have often caught myself humming the FUN song or Best Day Ever when I'm happy (and sometimes Goofy Goober).

5. The show has had guest stars including Johnny Depp, P!nk, and Amy Poehler.

6. Spongebob has a crappy job with a terrible boss and mean coworker and still manages to love his job. "I'm Ready. I'm Ready. I'm Ready."---I sometimes need to tell myself this too.

7. For the most part, the show doesn't have to use bodily functions (farts, snot, or even vomit--ick!) to get laughs like most cartoons on television right now. I just happened upon a show called Sanjay and Craig the other day and the entire episode was about having gas. I'm not over-exaggerating.

8.The show has been running since 1999. It is one of the longest running animated series after The Simpsons and IS the longest running animated TV series for kids. So I'm not the only fan.

9. You honestly never know what's going to happen next. Because really anything goes in Bikini Bottom.

10. The friendships. Spongebob has Patrick, who is about the dumbest being on earth and makes him want to tear his hair out sometimes, and Sandy, who is a brilliant scientist and often talks way over his head, but it doesn't matter. Friendship transcends differences. That doesn't mean you don't fight. They blow up at each other all the time, but they always make up.

11. It's the little things. Even though Squidward always makes fun of him constantly for his hobbies, Spongebob is perfectly content blowing bubbles and jellyfishing.

12. The animation is often very detailed and really put the show above-par compared to competitors (Fun fact: The creator was originally a marine biologist and was inspired to draw based on weird creatures he observed.)

13. Pharrell had a Spongebob themed birthday party this year. He turned 41.


No comments:

Post a Comment