Saturday, October 14, 2017

Striking a Balance

The older I get, the more I realize that no one has it all together. I used to think it was just me. I hoped eventually I would "grow up" and start cleaning and making regular meals and going to the gym everyday. I wanted to be a teacher who wasn't staying at school until 6:00 at night and still struggling to get by day to day. I wanted to write in my blog every week and pay my bills on the same date every month. Some days, I just wanted to be a person that got a regular amount of sleep each night.

So far, I haven't gotten good at any of these things. I'm perpetually behind on everything. I'm sleep-deprived, throwing lessons together, not healthy, and just basically a mess. And I don't even have anyone to take care of besides myself. The secret? Neither does anyone else. When you really get to know someone and peek behind those curtains, even the "perfect" people have problems. So many people are trying to balance work life and home life and social life and personal time and most people are falling behind in at least one area. Even those who aren't often have vices to deal or have anxiety or depression as a side effect of being so perfect.

I'm only human and I can't do it all. There are only 24 hours in a day. I still hope I keep getting better, but I may never get to the point where I have it all together. But I guess I'll just make the most of it. One step at a time. One goal at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment