Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Revisiting My Bucket List

I made a bucket list on my blog in April of 2013 and thought it would be interesting to revisit it today to see if I had accomplished anything in three years. It turns out that I have worked to start several of them, which made me feel really good.


So what have I accomplished?


1. Adopt a pet from a shelter. Well, I ALMOST adopted a cat from a shelter, but then I found Bowser, a farm kitty, and it was meant to be. And then I recently adopted our family cat Max too. And life wouldn't be the same without those two.

2. Be conversational in Spanish. I am working on this one! I bought Rosetta Stone in the spring and am working slowly through the program. I still think I can accomplish this one.

3. Get a Master's Degree. Currently taking classes!

4. Get a tattoo. Done! I got a tattoo in May...and am already planning my next one.


So what's left?

1. Mostly lots of traveling. Half of the items on that list were things to see and I haven't gone on any of those vacations (50 States, Olympics, 7 Wonders of the World, waterfall, New Year's Eve in Times Square, snorkeling, paragliding, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, or rainforest) yet. I did go to Scotland since I made the list though and once I pay off some student debt, I'll get back to work on this portion.

2. I still can't dance. Not even a little.

3. I don't own a home, but I live in my parents' house in Lincoln and can pretend like I own it. I've actually become less attached to this goal anyway, with a preference for living in a bustling city apartment.

4. I haven't published or really written anything (except this blog) and I do want to remember to continue writing, especially in my summers.


And I have a new one! I am planning on going to the Iowa for the football game this year and, since I've already been to two others, why not try for every football stadium in the Big 10? (This was my dad's idea, but I'm running with it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment