Sunday, May 18, 2014

Single and 22

OMG, would everyone stop asking me if I'm "dating anyone?" It's like a tragedy to be my age and not in a relationship. Maybe I should be less picky or more confident. Maybe I should work out more often or actually take time to put some makeup on every day. Maybe I should go out to bars or parties more. Or maybe I should just...

Relax.

It's so easy to get caught up in what everyone else is saying about you. At least that's the case for me. I tend to take everything to heart. Sometimes, though, I just need to breathe and smile and do what I want to do instead of what others think I should do. Except maybe Dr. Seuss.

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss

I enjoy my classes at UNL. I am excited to be a teacher. I get to be the maid of honor in a wedding next week. My family and friends are the best. I'm going to Scotland for goodness sakes! Things are going well for me and I don't need anyone else to make that happen. I'm just going to keep working on being the best ME I can be.

Maybe I'll start "dating someone." Maybe I won't. I have the freedom to decide right now exactly where I want to be and I'm deciding to stop worrying about it. It probably won't last long. Tomorrow I'll be freaking out about something again. But for today, deep breaths. I'm doing alright. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment