Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Oscar Time Again

Next week are Oscars so I want to throw down my predictions once again. Last year, I got 11 of the 24 categories right, but I know I could have had more if I wasn't so stubborn by picking my favorites instead of what I thought would really win. This year my goal is to get 12 or more so I'm at least at 50%. Wish me luck...

Picture: 12 Years a Slave. I have only seen four of the nine this year so I'm not the best judge, but of the four I watched, this was definitely the best. Amazing in so many ways and it's nominated for a lot so I think I have a good chance here.

Director: David O. Russell. I don't see American Hustle winning any other category even though it won SAG ensemble award and this is Russell's third movie that was nominated so third time's a charm. I personally didn't really like the stories of any of his movies but loved the acting in all of them so I guess he brings out the best in his cast.

Actor: Matthew McConaughey. Once again, I did not see Dallas Buyers Club. I definitely did not watch enough movies this year. He won the Golden Globe and SAGs though so I have to go with him.

Actress: Cate Blanchett. I actually did see Blue Jasmine and Blanchett is one of my favorite actresses of all time. This was no exception.

Supporting Actor: Jared Leto. He's on a role with McConaughey. I need to see this film obviously. Although I think Michael Fassbender was amazing in his role.

Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o. She was fantastic in 12 Years. I personally don't think anyone else in this category compares, but the Academy obviously loves Jennifer Lawrence (she's hard not to love).

Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave. Have a mentioned I loved this movie?

Original Screenpaly: Her. I haven't even seen it and I know it's definitely "original."

Animated Feature: Frozen. Duh.

*Note- The other two best picture nominees I watched were Wolf on Wall Street and Captain Phillips and I enjoyed both of them but can't see them fitting in anywhere. 

Others: Cinematography-Gravity/ Costume Design-The Great Gatsby/ Documentary Feature-20 Feet from Stardom/ Editing-Gravity/ Foreign Language Film-The Great Beauty/ Makeup and Hairstyling-Dallas Buyers Club/ Original Song-Let It Go/ Original Score-Gravity/ Production Design-The Great Gatsby/ Sound Editing-Gravity/ Sound Mixing-Gravity/ Visual Effects-Gravity/ Animated Short-Get a Horse!/ Documentary Short-The Lady in Number 6/ Live Action Short-The Voorman Problem

No comments:

Post a Comment