Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Books From the Last Five Years

For someone who read over 60 books last year, you would think I would be the source to go to for what the hot book is right now. I'm actually not. Although I see books that are getting attention on Amazon and Goodreads, I don't usually read them right away. If they look interesting, I add them to a list and someday I'll read them, but not when they are "hot." I actually do the same thing with movies and shows and podcasts. I have lists full of Stranger Things and S-Town and all the other trends and recommendations over the past years. There is just so much to consume. I'm always trying to discover classics that I missed or books my students might read or just reading something from a new genre (or a loved one). I take one at a time, usually at random, without looking up descriptions or having someone tell me about them first.

I do read some recent books though. I've been trying to do more, so always feel free to suggest something new. I made a list of recent books that I have read (published within the last five years) that I loved just in case you're looking for a summer read.


General Fiction (and one memoir)
A House in the Sky (memoir)-Amanda Lindhout
Gone Girl-Gillian Flynn
The Husband’s Secret-Liane Moriarty
Life After Life-Kate Atkinson
And the Mountains Echoes-Khaled Hosseini


Young Adult Fiction
Monument 14-Emmy Laybourne
The Darkest Minds-Alexandra Bracken
Second Chance Summer-Morgan Matson
Infernal Devices Series-Cassandra Clare
Graceling Series-Kristin Cashore


Poetry
Father, Child Water-Gary Dop
Brown Girl Dreaming-Jacqueline Woodson



No comments:

Post a Comment