Monday, June 15, 2015

A Tidbit About Slowing Down

I'm asked a lot if, as a blogger, I read other blogs. The answer is yes. I don't regularly subscribe to any specific blogs, but I read a variety from blogs about baking to blogs for young women. I also read a lot of blogs by authors. Recently, I read a very short, but very poetic blog post by author Kate DiCamillo and I thought I'd share it with you:

I've been rushing my entire life.
I walk fast and I talk fast.
I hurry, hurry, hurry.
But now, I am walking with an old dog.
And he does not hurry.
He wont hurry.
He can't.
So, I walk more slowly than I ever have.
And the wonder of that is this: I see more than I have ever seen.
Henry and I amble through the world; and the world unfurls itself slowly, beautifully before us.
It is a blessing to walk with a dog.
It is a blessing to walk with an old dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment