Sunday, January 18, 2015

Things That Make Me Happy

I have been incredibly stressed lately. This isn't unusual for me, as I tend to fret about little things too much, but with a new environment in student teaching, building resumés, and thinking about entering the "real world", the stress level is really high. It affects my health (back problems), sleep, and energy at all times. So I have to remind myself of things that make me happy and do as many of them as possible. That's what this blog is for.

What Makes Me Happy?

1. Writing. Even if it's a stupid list on my blog. Writing always makes me feel better about my day.

2. Funny movies. I rented 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon 2 last night and couldn't stop smiling.

3. Hot showers.

4. Singing and/or dancing along to the radio.

5. A good snuggle with a dog or cat.

6. The first sip of a bottle of Mountain Dew.

7. Getting all dressed up to go out for dinner or drinks.

8. Buying a new piece or clothing or accessory.

9. My new bed.

10. Laughing. About anything.

11. Starting a new book.

12. Diving into a swimming pool (I can't remember the last time I was able to do this.)

13. Getting something that isn't a bill in the mail.

14. Warm weather. Or at least the sun.

15. Talking to my mom on the phone.

16. Checking something off my to-do list (especially if it has been on there for weeks.)

17. Getting a massage.

18. Getting a compliment.

Thinking happy thoughts is sometimes half the battle. And I have thought of 18 of them. Have a wonderful Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment