Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Taking Action...A Year Later

I once again have been very behind in posting to the blog. But something exciting I just realized is that I have been writing in this blog for over a year now. 14 months to be exact. From a girl who owned dozens of journals with only the first 3 pages filled out, this really is an accomplishment. I told myself for years that I couldn't do a blog because no one wanted to read what I had to say. What I didn't realize is how therapeutic sitting down each week and writing something-anything-down would be. I also didn't realize that after 14 months, I would have 1,800 views from amazing people around me.

What I really want to reflect on after 14 months, though, is that I took action and did something after years of saying "I wish I could write a blog." We are a society of wishers. We wish on shooting stars and whenever the clock says 11:11. We pray for world peace and fantasize about knights in shining armor. We have wish bones and wishing wells. Every Christmas I make a wish list and every postcard says "wish you were here."

And sometimes wishing is all we can do. Sometimes we are played cards that can't be changed. But sometimes, we can. Sometimes the things we want are in reach if we would just try. Sometimes wishing for one thing will make us blind to something better. Sometimes the people around you need more than your wishes.

So, wish away my friends....but also act. Even if it's as small as starting a blog or taking a class. After all, "you must be the change you wish to see in the world."-Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment