Thursday, April 4, 2013

21 Things to Do While I'm 21

So it' my 21st birthday today. Yay! So I thought I'd blog about 21 goals for this year. Here they are:

1. Be more optimistic. "Realist" is my word for pessimistic most of the time. I need to look at things on the bright side more often.

2. Forgive. I don't think it does any good to hold on to bad feelings. It only hurts yourself.

3. Go all out for Halloween. It's the only day I still get to play dress up. Enjoy it.

4. Indulge in good food. I know I can't eat junk all the time, but there is nothing wrong with enjoying food when I can. And who set the acceptable times for certain foods? I can eat a sandwich for breakfast if I fee like it.

 5. Go somewhere I've never been. Whether it's as small as a new restaurant or as big as another country. If I can, I want to try it.

6. Keep reading. (I won't have a problem with this one, but I know I never want to stop.)

7. Laugh as much as possible. (even though I hate my laugh, I swear it makes me feel better)

8. Learn to love myself a little more. I am always picking on something about myself. I'm not perfect. No one is.

9. Listen to those around me. Everyone needs to be heard. And I'm not a genius. I can use help.

10. Pamper myself. A pedicure, massage, or haircut is never a waste if it makes me feel better.

11. Remember to be a kid. 21 does not mean I'm "all grown up." Sometimes the swings at the park, blowing bubbles, water balloon fights, or an episode of Spongebob is the best remedy for a bad day.

12. Sing as loud as I want to the radio. Even if it embarrasses the crap out of my brother.

13. Stand up for someone. I have found throughout my life that the silent observer can be just as bad as the bully herself. So I don't want to be afraid to speak up to help. Even if I don't really know the person.

14. Stay up late. I love pancakes in the middle of the night or a movie marathon that lasts for hours. Sleep is very important, but sometimes it can wait. Might as well use that time while I'm young and still can.

15. Take a road trip. Even if it's just for an afternoon.


16. Tell the people I love how much they mean to me. You never know how long you have to say it.

17. Take more pictures/videos. I have some nice cameras, but I always forget to capture the moment.

18. Try my luck. Buy a lottery ticket or gamble once. Never done either and maybe it's a risk worth taking once.

19. Vote. It's important to be an active member of the community I live it.

20. Take some risks. Say things even if I don't know how others will react. Be bold. 

21. Keep writing this blog. I can't be a writer if I don't keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment