Sunday, March 31, 2019

What Makes Me Happy?

As I dive into the final quarter of the school year, I want to intentionally make choices every day that help me experience joy. When I'm happy, I'm a better teacher, friend, daughter, sister, etc. So this is my list.

What makes me happy?

  • The sun on my face
  • Singing and/or dancing to a great song
  • Trying out a new recipe
  • A bag of buttered popcorn in a dark movie theater
  • Doing my hair and makeup in the morning without rushing
  • Deleting emails piling up in my inbox
  • Taking off my shoes and coat when I get home and plopping down on the couch
  • Standing in a hot shower
  • That first sip of a cold Mountain Dew
  • My cat purring on my lap
  • Walking while talking to someone
  • Wearing something I feel confident in
  • Sleeping in fresh, clean sheets
  • Making someone laugh
  • The sound of rain against a window
  • Smelling everything at Bath & Body Works
  • Reading a good book
  • The feeling when I finish grading a pile of homework
  • Walking barefoot outside
  • Starting something new on Netflix
  • Stretching my muscles before bed
  • Receiving anything in the mail that isn't a bill
  • Buying something on sale
  • Painting (I just do paint-by-number)
  • The feeling of a warm towel 
  • Watching a student "get it" for the first time
  • Being able to roll my windows down as I drive
  • Checking something off a list
  • Writing with a really good pen
  • Hugs. Nothing makes me feel happier than a hug. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment