Saturday, December 3, 2016

My Top 10 Christmas Movies

One of the best parts about this time of year is the plethora of Christmas movies on TV. There are so many of them, so I know everyone has their own favorites, but these are definitely my top 10.

10. The Polar Express. I just watched this one today. The animation bothers me a little, but the magic of the bells sticks with me from the first time I watched it in theaters as a kid.

9. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. This one isn't on television as much as it used to be and it makes me sad. I always like the little elf that wanted to be a dentist.

8. The Holiday. This is more of romance, but this is probably one of my favorite Jack Black performances of all time. (I like this much better than Love Actually honestly).

7. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Although not as good as the first, I can watch this one every Christmas season without growing tired of it.

6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000). I know it's more popular to like the animated version, but I always laugh when watching Jim Carey's crazy antics.

5. Elf. "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" Will Ferrel's character is wonderfully innocent. This was also my first time ever seeing Zooey Deschanel in a movie.

4. Santa Clause is Coming to Town. This is by far my favorite of the classic animated Christmas movies. The best thing about these classics is the music. But this one has a good story too.

3. The Santa Clause. Tim Allen is just awesome in this movie and it is such a creative concept. It is one of the best writing in a Christmas movie too.

2. A Christmas Story. I have to watch this at least once every Christmas season (luckily TBS plays it for two days straight so it's not hard). It has so many memorable and hilarious moments.

1. Home Alone. Not only is this roll on the floor funny, it also hits on the importance of family despite our differences. The moment at the end when he realizes his mom is home is just the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment