Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Favorite Things

So today I happened to hear the song My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music. "Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..." And the thing I love most about that song is her "favorite things" are all small things that you might happen by on a random day. So I decided to make a list of all the random little things that have brightened my day this summer.

-Fireflies
-My cat purring
-The sound of laughter from someone who was just crying
-An unexpected hug
-A day when my hair is particularly soft
-The feeling of pressing a pen against a fresh sheet of paper
-Silence after it rains
-Sand beneath my toes
-Cleaning a room and feeling accomplished
-Singing along to the radio
-Finding an old bookmark in a library book
-The center of a cinnamon roll

So I hope you find something in your day as simple as these things that makes you smile. After all, "a smile is a curve that makes everything straight."

No comments:

Post a Comment